Why Well Schools?
- Health and wellbeing impacts on student’s self-belief, aspirations and learning
- Teachers' wellbeing underpins great teaching
- Schools are reacting to poor wellbeing rather than promoting positive wellbeing
- Environmental and social changes affecting young people’s physical and mental health demand different approaches to education
- The changing world demands broader education outcomes.
Did you know?
What is a Well School?
A Well School places just as much emphasis on health and wellbeing as it does on academic performance. It understands that children and young people are more effective learners when they are happy and healthy, and that they must take care of their staff and their pupils wellbeing to create a culture that allows everyone to reach their potential.
Delivered by Youth Sport Trust
The Youth Sport Trust is a children’s charity working to ensure every child enjoys the life-changing benefits of play and sport. We are passionate about improving the life-chances of every child. We support the education sector with the development of children’s physical, social and emotional development, and addressing the inequalities this generation faces. We do this by working in partnership with schools, charities and other organisations with complementary expertise.
To find out more about what we do please visit www.youthsporttrust.org.
In the event of a critical issue or urgent matter affecting this site, please contact us at [email protected].