Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaires

Hi all,

I was wondering if any schools use Strength and Difficulty questionnaires with their students? It’s something I am looking into for our school to try to introduce a triage system to put in more effective interventions but would really welcome your feedback.

Thanks
Beth

3 Likes

Hi Beth,

I haven’t used in personally but a school counsellor used to use it in a former primary school and I had to fill in a form on behalf of pupils she was seeing. She used it as a means to track progress with her interventions from teacher pupil and parent perspective. This article might be useful https://www.corc.uk.net/outcome-experience-measures/strengths-and-difficulties-questionnaire/

We use Good Childhood Index at my school as it includes general indicators of wellbeing and life satisfaction which we were keen to track.

Thanks
Adrian

1 Like

We use it as it’s often asked for by external professionals. It offers a pretty quick snapshot but has its limitations too.

2 Likes

Hi Claire,

Welcome to Well Schools. Thank you for adding your feedback it is great to be able to help each other out.