Staff Wellbeing Cards

Hi, We use wellbeing cards and every pupil and staff member in the school has one.

They wellbeing cards have the 5 ways to wellbeing on them and as pupils go through their week they try to achieve each one of the 5 ways. When they achieve one of the 5 ways staff cross off the way on the card, sign it and write on the card how they achieved it.

An example might be if I see a pupils cycling to school instead of taking the bus I cross off their “Be Active” or if I see a pupils being their for a friend who might be upset I’ll cross off their “Give”. The 5 ways are awardable as house point award on sims and can be given to pupils within classroom lessons.

We also complete the cards for staff and at the start of each month have our “wellbeing champion of the month”. We asked our local spa and one of them said they’d give us some free spa passes which we’ve used as a reward for staff members who are taking care of their wellbeing. Staff can’t complete their own cards and must get them signed off by other members of staff. This creates more positive conversations of “can you sign off my take notice?”.

If you have any questions feel free to ask I’d upload the resource to share but I can’t at the moment as I’m a new user.

Thanks, Owain

16 Likes

This sounds great, have you got an example of the template Owain?

Thanks

Beth

3 Likes

Hi Beth,

I’m sorry I’ve tried to upload it here but I’m being told I can’t upload attachments because I’m a new user.

My email is [email protected]

If you send me an email I’ll send it over to you.

All the best, Owain

1 Like

Owain, I am happy to upload if you want to send them to me or you will be able to post really soon, Its just a security feature to stop miss use of the platform.

1 Like

That would be great Kay. How can I send them over?

1 Like

[email protected]

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing this! :grin:

Health and Well Being Tutor Time.pdf (1.5 MB)

5 Likes

WELLBEING POSTCARD.pdf (367.9 KB)

6 Likes

This is amazing, thanks so much!

1 Like

Thanks KAY … will look at this resource

2 Likes

This is a really great idea. Thanks for sharing. We do a lot for students and so it is lovely to get ideas to support staff as well.

2 Likes

Hi
Could I possibly have a copy too please?
[email protected]

Thank you

2 Likes

Hi Justine,

Welcome to Well Schools. I hope you find this and many other resources useful.

Harriet

1 Like

This sounds a great idea. :grinning:

3 Likes

Hi Lynne, you will have to let us know if you implement some similar and how it goes.

Welcome to Well Schools

1 Like

Sorry only just saw this. I’ve emailed the resources over to you :smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this great idea - we have had something similar in the past but it has dwindled. now is a good time to get it re-branded and up and running again…thanks for the inspiration!

2 Likes

Hi Jo,

you will have to let us know how you get on implementing these. It feels like now is definitely a time when we need this kind of action.

This is a lovely idea! Thank you so much for sharing.

1 Like