Performance Development

We have developed our approach to Performance Management so that it is focused on developing our staff’s skills and knowledge rather than being a punitive, target-based system.2020-21 Performance development - example development goals.docx (162.1 KB) Appraisal guidelines20-21v1.docx (52.9 KB)

2 Likes

This is great, Ben. Do you have any other information/policies on this that you could share? Thanks.

2 Likes

@BenLevinson I am sure will be able to help here.

Thanks.

Anything in particular you were looking for?

Ben

Thanks, Ben.

I just wondered if you had any guidance about structuring the goal setting meeting/policy that you could share. I’m keen to move away from Pupil achievement targets from September.

Andrew

Hi Andrew.

The attached might help.
Performance Development Teacher’s Agreement 2022-23.docx (159.2 KB)

The meeting is very much a collaborative discussion with teachers identifying the areas in which they would like to develop, linked to our school development priorities. Of course, how much this is driven by teachers and how much by leaders will depend on the ability of people to be suitably reflective. Ideally teachers will drive it so they own those development goals but it may need some guidance/coaching/direction.

Fundamentally it is about trust. Trusting that people will invest in their own development if given the appropriate opportunities and focusing on something they are genuinely driven to improve. Our job as leaders is to remove barriers and provide guidance and encouragement where needed.

Hope that helps.

Best of luck.
Ben

1 Like

Thanks Ben. It all sounds great unfortunately I can’t seem to download the agreement. Do you also use the same process for other members of staff?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 Like

Hi, just jumping in here, there was an issue with the file but I have fixed it here:

Performance Development Teachers Agreement 2022-23.pdf (157.1 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you- that is a really useful document!

1 Like